Monday, April 1, 2013

Your Emotions - Day 58

Your Emotions
Day 58

Your emotions can be intense, draining, and hard to hold back; they are tangled up inside of you and run deep.

Everyone goes through some unexpected emotions, and it helps for you to identify and sort out the emotions that apply to you. This is part of the healing process.

Which emotions describe what you are feeling?
denial, rage, loneliness, rejection, confusion, helplessness, guilt, anxiety, disappointment,
anger, sadness, resentment, jealousy, inadequacy, vindictiveness, fear, envy, depression,
pain, dread, bitterness, loss, anguish, dismay, sorrow, betrayal, abandonment, apathy,
distrust, lack of control

Jesus can identify with your sorrows.

"He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we esteemed Him not." (Isaiah 53:3).

Lord Jesus, You alone know my suffering and pain. Please sort through these emotions with me. Amen.

~ I did this very exercise in class a couple of weeks ago. Below are scans of the question and then what came to me while I was watching the video and the answers/questions just flowed. It was liberating. Freeing even.
I cried when I did this. I didn't realize I was still feeling so very much. Anger was the one I circled first and it hurt me.

This is about as raw and open as it gets. My very own writing and emotions in the raw. 
I figure if I am going to tell people that I am working it and through it, it is best to share that I really really am. It is scary to know what we hold on to in fear of repercussion or just having someone else know what our deepest feelings are. It really is sad that we really put weight to what other people think about us when the only one that is allowed to judge us is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment