Monday, April 1, 2013

God's Grace - Day 49

God's Grace
Day 49

When you need God's grace the most, God will bless you with a special, dynamic grace to get you through.

Elisabeth Elliot experienced the deaths of her first two husbands. She says, "I think that the reason I did not cry at Jim or Ad's funeral was because God gives grace to help in time of need. Everybody else at those funeral services was just dissolved in tears. I can honestly say that I really did not feel like crying; I was just so swept away with the glory of the fact that my husbands were with the Lord.

"I think God gives special grace at times like these to people who need it the most."

As a Christian, God's grace protects you and sustains you in so many ways, even when you are not aware of it. Humans are limited in perception and understanding, but God's grace is infinite. Believe that God's grace is being poured out for you today, and if you need specific grace, ask Him for it. Through Jesus, you can find something to rejoice about in suffering.

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance" (Romans 5:1-3).

Heavenly Father, I believe that You are giving me a special grace to help me through the hardest times. I will stand on Your promises even when I cannot see You or feel You. Amen.

~ I am blessed with God's grace and it just took me to realize that it is He who is right here with me. For a while I was all "why did he do this to me?" and then I  started "why did He do this for me?"  .. but the one thing I have learned from going to class is that knowing why won't take away that my mom and sister aren't here. They still would be gone. Knowing "why" isn't going to make it all better, so while I questioned a lot and cursed and cried a lot. I know now that it was with Him near me that I was able to get through that time. It was then that there was only one set of footsteps in the sand, for HE carried me.  It brings tears to my eyes to feel such love for God and know that HE is with me through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment