Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Anger: Directed Toward God - Day 70

Anger: Directed Toward God
Day 70

Some people have trouble admitting they are angry with God; others express it quite freely.

"I shook my fist at Him in anger. I blamed God," says Lynn, whose twin brother died.

If you are angry with God, He knows it whether you express it or not. You might as well be honest with Him about your anger. But in your anger, know that He is still faithful, and He will not turn away from you. Nothing you do will keep Him from loving you.

"I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39).

God, I'm so angry at You, but at the same time grateful for your faithfulness to me. Amen.

~ I was just talking about this very thing last night in group. I also talked about my epiphany.  Yesterday as I was adding the previous days emails, I started to think about "why did God do this to me?" and then "why did God do this for me?" and the whys really wouldn't make the hurt go away, but it was in that moment that I looked over to the side and "Footprints" popped into my head.  OUT OF NOWHERE! Here I thought that because I turned my back on Him that He left me. I could only see one set of footprints in the sand.  He didn't leave me, He was carrying me through it. Now I am starting to see two sets of footprints again. We might not always see Him or feel Him, but it is when you don't think that He is there that He most certainly is there and He is carrying you. I get it now. I wouldn't have been able to make it through without His help. I am blessed even when I think I am forsaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment