Monday, April 22, 2013

Remedy for Loneliness - Day 89

Remedy for Loneliness
Day 89

Become involved with a Christ-centered grief support group. Many churches have small groups that can aid you in your healing from grief.

"You feel like you're losing it, and then you hear these other people who have similar incidents happening in their lives. You realize that God prepared the body in such a way that you've got to go through this process before you can heal," says Nancy following her husband's death.

God does not want you to be alone.

"I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take of the Spirit that is on you and put the Spirit on them. They will help you carry the burden ... so that you will not have to carry it alone" (Numbers 11:17).

A grief support group should have a focus beyond grief itself. In other words, the group should do more than share stories and release emotions. A group with the objective of introducing biblical help for grieving individuals will provide the tools needed to face life's difficulties and to move toward a new and abundant life. The GriefShare groups are designed for this purpose.

Faithful God, give me the courage and desire to pick up the phone and find a support group to aid me in my healing. Amen.

~ I am a firm believer that opportunities are brought into my path at the right time. 3 years ago, I don't think I would have been open to going to GriefShare. I wasn't looking to go to any church. I was mad.  I was angry. I was confused and dazed as to why my sister died and why I had to be the one to make the decision to take her off life support. I asked the priest and I got no answers. I got no guidance. The faith I had was shaken, which made me question my religion all together. I was uncertain of where I was and where I was going and how to move forward. I was in a drug induced fog (depression medicine) and it was hard to feel anything. I just went through the motions for two years.  I felt a longing to want to have God in my life again. It wasn't that He left me, I just shut my ears to the conversation that He was continuing. I have had a series of occasions where Joel Osteen would be on television and I would tune in. I don't normally see the times that it comes on nor do I go looking for it, but when I tune in, the message is as if it is speaking directly to my heart and soul.  So, I might not know what is going on and I might not know what tomorrow brings, but I know that today was given to me by God and that I need to make the most of it because tomorrow isn't promised. I know that I am not alone and that on Mondays I can go to GriefShare to my "safe place" and cry if I need to. I get to be amongst people who aren't going to judge me because it has been three years and my sister's birthday just passed and I was all in my emotions about it. I get to be myself and at the end of the night, I might have just touched someone else and after all that is what I feel my mission in life is to do; to help other people.  It is such a blessing to be finding myself all over again and that it is God driven. I feel blessed and highly favored.

No comments:

Post a Comment