Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fear of the Future - Day 95

Fear of the Future
Day 95

"When you have an anxiety or fear, this is a feeling of concern about the future. Sometimes you may ask the question, what if ...? And you answer it to yourself. Then you ask the question again, and the second time you answer it, you embellish the answer.

"You can actually create a genuine fear of the future by what goes on in your mind," says Dr. H. Norman Wright.

The Bible says that God is love. It also says that love cannot coexist with fear. So if Jesus lives in you, you do not need to fear. If you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior, then He dwells in you and in your mind.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love" (1 John 4:18).

Lord Jesus, I believe in You, and I wand You to live in me. Forgive me of all my sins. Amen.

~ Amen! I think that we fear the unknown, but if we knew what was to come I think we would fear that as well. It is that double edged sword that I try to steer clear of in my life. I used to ask "why" all the time. "Why did God do this to me?" Then it changed to "Why did God do this for me?" Then I started grief class and knowing isn't resolving the hurt. If I knew why my sister had to die and/or why my mom had to die, it wouldn't have made them not being here any less painful. I hurt/grieve because I loved them so very much. Each day I learn and grow and the hurt is a little less, but I will never forget my mom or my sister. I won't forget their mannerisms or their laugh. I struggle with losing the sound of their voice in my head, but I know it is in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment