Monday, April 1, 2013

Healthy Grieving: Step Six - Day 56

Healthy Grieving: Step Six
Day 56

"Sometimes the best remedy for grief is finding some way to touch somebody else's life," say Dr. Larry Crabb.

Maybe it's time to change the focus of your thoughts from yourself to other people. Open your eyes to the needs around you. Through your experience you have developed new character traits and knowledge, and you have received encouragement and consolation with which you, in turn, can comfort others. Quiet yourself before God and listen for His still, small voice within you. He will direct you to where you are needed.

Holy Lord, in the words of David I pray to you: "Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long" (Psalm 25:4-5). Amen.

~ I feel like this quite often. I feel like there is someone out there that can benefit from the journey I am on and the path that I have already taken. I suppose part of me has always wanted to help others and felt a calling towards it. I am not sure what my calling is in regards to helping others, I just know that I am open and listening for that call to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment