Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dealing with Anger: Write About Angry Feelings - Day 77

Dealing with Anger: Write About Angry Feelings
Day 77

As you attempt to deal with your anger, you may find it helpful to write about your angry feelings. Writing about your feelings will help to unload some of that pressure because it gives you a way to express your emotions.

Barbara Johnson says, "The anger comes and just seems to flood you. But there are a lot of ways to dilute the anger. If you have lost a loved one, write a letter. That will help you unload some of those feelings you have."

Address your letter to the person causing you the most anger and distress. It could be your lost loved one, a family member, or someone involved in the circumstances surrounding the death. You might be angry mostly with yourself. If your anger is directed at God, write a letter to Him. He alone can deliver you from your anger.

"May my cry come before you, O LORD; give me understanding according to your word. May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise" (Psalm 119: 169-170).

Precious Savior, deliver me from this anger. Amen.

~ I agree with today's email. It has been really vital that I write to express myself in order to not hold it in. I don't know that it is that I am needing to say it out loud, but it definitely helps to get it out of my head and off my heart in order for me to move forward. I have my days when I think "wait, I conquered this emotion already" it is at that point that I realize that I am human and I will continue to have these human emotions. Just because I am not angry about one thing, doesn't mean that I won't get angry about another. However, now that I have been working on it, I have the tools to make sure that the anger doesn't sit and fester in my soul and turn into a bad bad thing. I am trying to become "slow to anger" because I certainly don't want to be the person I was before; always on edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment