Monday, April 1, 2013

Healthy Grieving: Step Five - Day 55

Healthy Grieving: Step Five
Day 55

Commit to the journey, long or short, that leads back into living life.

"People who handle grief in a most healthy way are those who are willing to admit, 'This hurts. I don't particularly like it, but I really want to go on,'" says Pastor Buck Buchanan.

God will reward your sincere willingness to commit to the journey and to press on.

"Not that I have already obtained it, or have already become perfect, but I press on in order that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:12-14 NASB).

Holy Spirit, I commit myself to Your care as I move forward toward life, Your abundant life. Amen.

~ It is such a blessing to see that I am on the right path. That the path I have come is leading me in the right direction. I feel like I have committed to the journey and press on. It wasn't an easy decision, but the decision to not be miserable anymore wasn't a hard one. I just decided that there had to be a better way to live through my losses and with grief share and God in my corner, I think I am truly succeeding and progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment