Monday, April 1, 2013

Sudden Loss - Day 47

Sudden Loss
Day 47

Dr. H. Norman Wright says, "Sudden death is a shock to the system. It can often plunge a person into a crisis state. It's the suddenness of it that's just overwhelming. You don't have the resources. It stops you from your walk through life."

The sovereign Lord will remain by your side and will keep you from being destroyed by your emotions and circumstances. Claim His words in the Bible, and stand on the truth of His promises, regardless of what you feel and see. Cling to God with all you have. He will preserve your life.

In the following verse Paul said he felt great pressure and confusion, but God set a limit as to how far this would go: "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed" (2 Corinthians 4:8-9).

Savior of my life, I will say it again: The pressure seems unbearable, but it has not crushed me. I am utterly confused and overwhelmed, but I have not given up. My distress is constant, but so are You. I have been forcefully struck down, but I am not destroyed. Amen.

~ Sudden was life changing. That seems silly to say, but it really rocked my world. I went from having my sister and caregiver of my child while I was at work to losing my sister. I saw her and talked to her almost every day more than once on most days. My rhythm was stopped in its track. I lost my identity and what I was supposed to do next. I went to work on that Monday because I didn't know what else to do. I didn't know how to function unless I was doing something that I was supposed to be doing every single day Monday - Friday.  Yet, my sister was missing. :(  I wish that I had been open to reaching out sooner or had known sooner about grief share. I spent two years in a fog and feeling lost. I was just going through the motions and not really living. I can't even remember most of those two years. It saddens me because I was there for my kid's special events, but I can't remember them now to try and think about them. Thankfully, I have pictures from those times and I can try and piece the days together.

No comments:

Post a Comment