Monday, April 1, 2013

Healthy Grieving: Step Seven - Day 57

Healthy Grieving: Step Seven
Day 57

Trust God and cling to Him. Bring all your questions and feelings honestly to Him. Appeal to Him; cry to Him; yell at Him; confess to Him and then sit back in His arms and trust.

"Why not trust Him? What do you have to lose?" says Heidi, whose husband died. "If you are already in a situation that seems hopeless and you trust in Him and He doesn't come through for you, then you haven't lost anything. But if you truly trust in God, He is going to come through for you because He loves you so much. At least give Him the opportunity to prove Himself in your life."

The Lord Jesus Christ will prove Himself true and faithful if you will just let Him.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Lord, You are the only one who will never let me down. You have promised never to pull away from me or forsake me. I put my trust in You, holy God. Amen.

~ I feel like this is where I am. I have yelled and screamed. I have cried and it seems that I prayed just enough that I am feeling a calm over me. It is a peace that I have been praying for. Grace even.

No comments:

Post a Comment