Monday, April 8, 2013

Right Anger Versus Wrong Anger - Day 75

Right Anger Versus Wrong Anger
Day 75

In the following two verses, the Bible specifically talks about "right" anger, "wrong" anger, and the effects of each.

"A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger appeases contention" (Proverbs 15:18 AMP).

Your slowly released anger "appeases contention"; it brings about peace and calm to your strife. Think about it.

James 1: 19-20 says, "This you know, my beloved brethren. But let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God" (NASB).

What kind of anger is not righteous? Human anger. Human impulse is to either let it rip or to hold it in so tight that the pressure becomes dangerous. God's anger is righteous and consistent with His holy nature.

Righteous Lord, I see now that anger is not necessarily a bad thing. Teach me more. Amen.

~ yes, Amen. I am a sponge soaking up the information and I can feel a calm coming over me as I am learning along the way. It is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment