Monday, April 1, 2013

Healthy Grieving: Step One - Day 51

Healthy Grieving: Step One
Day 51

Grief is a natural, inevitable reaction to loss. You are not given a choice about the grief, but you can choose how you grieve.

Knowing the general process of healthy grieving will assist you on your grief journey. A basic understanding with practical application will enable you to work through the loss in a positive way.

The first step of healthy grieving is to acknowledge and understand your own grief. "The people who recover are the people who admit their loss and are able to talk about it," says Dr. H. Norman Wright.

Understand this step and apply it. Look into your heart and explore your responses to grief so far.

"The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7).

Lord, I'm grieving. Help me grieve in my way and my time, but with Your wisdom. Amen.

~ I couldn't have prayed that any better. The words right in my heart andin my mind. Even the tip of my tongue. Meant to be! <3
I am in such a different place than I was even just last week. I am so thankful that I have taken the time to work on this and in doing so I am working on myself. There is no better investment than investing in yourself.
Now in this time, I CHOOSE to grieve. I choose to work through it and accept that I NEED to work through it and not put it off any longer. It is like going to school, you are only failing yourself when you don't do the homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment