Monday, April 1, 2013

Anger: Where Does It Come From? - Day 67

Anger: Where Does It Come From?
Day 67

You are probably doing your best to get back in control of your life. But life cannot be controlled, and anger and frustration often come as a result.

Dr. Larry Crabb states, " If I say, 'I know what I need to live, and it's not God,' I have a very wrong definition of life. Jesus, of course, had it right. He said, 'This is life: There can be no God but Jesus Christ.'

"But when I hear that, something in me says, Oh no. No, no, that's not life. Life is having the doctor say I'm healthy. Life is having my wife say 'I love you' as opposed to 'I'm leaving you.' When I misdefine life and make it something else, then God becomes my enemy. He's not cooperative. And I get furious."

And when God is not "cooperating," you may attempt to handle the grieving process on your own, and fail.

"There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death" (Proverbs 16:25 NASB).

Lord, I get so angry when I feel out of control. I just want to get a grip on things again. Teach me that by giving You control of my life, I will be empowered. Amen.

~ I didn't look at it that way. I suppose I didn't really know that I get angry and frustrated because I can't control things. It sounds like common sense to me now that it has been pointed out. I really didn't think of it that way before. I do get frustrated when Justice doesn't listen to me when I am telling him to do something or asking him to do something. Give it to God. Best advice ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment