Monday, July 22, 2013

Endless Details – Day 128

Endless Details
Day 128

The loss of a spouse leaves you with endless details and paperwork at a time when you are not emotionally equipped for such matters.

Marilyn shares: “Some of them are just little legal things you have to go through. All of a sudden you can’t do it this way anymore; it has to be that way. You have to mark the dreaded box ‘widow.’ You realize suddenly you have become a different identity. But when I’ve really prayed over these things, the Lord has given me peace that I’ll get through this.”

The Lord is faithful, and you will meet and accomplish one detail at a time, one day at a time, by His strength.

“For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:10).


Lord Jesus, Your power shines through me when I admit my weakness and my dependence on You. By Your grace I am stronger than I ever was before. Amen.

~ I lost my mother and my sister. Going through their things was heartbreaking. Seeing what I had left after we passed out their belongings was even worse. I couldn't believe that after all was said and done, I was able to pack my mom away in to a few boxes. 
My stepdad left. My sister was gone. My mom was gone. I had to pack up a 5 bedroom house and get down to a small 2 bedroom apartment. It was the worst experience in my life to have to do those things that needed to be done after losing my reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment