Monday, July 22, 2013

Contributing to a New Relationship - Day 146

Contributing to a New Relationship
Day 146

If parts of you are still broken or needy, another person can feel attracted to the idea of helping to repair or rebuild you.  That individual may feel falsely strengthened by the idea that you need him or her to grow and heal, when, in fact, it is God whom you both need.

Before pursuing a new relationship, think about what you will contribute to that relationship, not what you “need” or what you can bring to a new relationship. The attitudes, qualities, and wisdom you bring to a new relationship should strengthen the relationship, causing both individuals to draw closer to God.

“’Who is he who will devote himself to be close to me?’ declares the Lord. ‘So you will be my people, and I will be your God’” (Jeremiah 30:21-22).


Lord Jesus, I devote my life to You. I pray that everyone who comes in contact with me will see a glimpse of You and that any new relationship I might be involved in is created on You. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment