Monday, July 22, 2013

Freedom to Remarry - Day 147

Freedom to Remarry
Day 147

God may at some point bring another person into your life, and you are then free to pursue a relationship. You may have to give yourself permission to do so because of the loyalty you feel to the spouse you have lost. He or she will always be a part of your life; you are not being disloyal by moving forward again.

“I did have to give myself permission to date again,” says Jodie, who lost her husband, “but I really was not looking for a second husband. I guess the Lord just opened my eyes when it was time.”

God will provide in a way that is right for you. In the meantime, walk in the freedom that God has for you.

“You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge in sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love” (Galatians 5:13).


Lord God, make sense of my conflicting thoughts and emotions, and give me wisdom in the decisions I make today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment