Monday, July 22, 2013

Treasures in Heaven - Day 166

Treasures in Heaven
Day 166

The Bible admonishes you to lay up your treasures in heaven (Matthew 6:20). But how difficult that is to do when your treasure is an infant child!

Dot lost three of her infant children. She says: “At the funeral of our first child, the preacher used the Scripture about not laying up your treasures here on earth. That was always a comfort to know that my children were going to be in heaven. I’ve found great comfort in the fact that they are not gone; they’ve just been lifted to a higher plane.”

God knows your child more intimately than even you do. He created your precious child with the gentlest of hands. God was with your child before he or she was born, and He will tenderly watch over your child forever.

“Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be” (Psalm 139:16).

Heavenly Jesus, bring me words of true comfort today. Thank you that my baby is alive and well with You. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment