Monday, July 22, 2013

Sexual Intimacy is Possible Again - Day 171

Sexual Intimacy is Possible Again
Day 171

It is not unusual for profound grief to impact sexual intimacy in a marriage.

“With me, it was very hard to go back to a sexual relationship after my parents died,” says Silvia. “My husband could not really understand why this bothered me, but he saw me through it, and we’ve been married forty-eight years.”

Your marriage can survive and come out stronger. Persevere in love, and do not let your feelings rule your actions.

“The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.” (1 Corinthians 7:4-5).


Holy God, sexual intimacy just doesn’t feel right anymore. Help me to rise above my emotions and move toward Your love. When I move toward You, my love for my spouse will be carefully and securely strengthened again. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment