Monday, July 22, 2013

Treasure Your Memories - Day 162

Treasure Your Memories
Day 162

Children are a gift from the Lord. You want the best for your children – long, happy lives; spiritual growth; and fulfillment. But every day is a gift from God. Even in your loss, it’s good to be thankful for the time you did have together.

Rate yourself: Have you been mostly (a) thankful for all the wonderful times with your child or (b) bitter about the times you won’t have with your child?

“I had her for almost five years,” says Cindy, who lost her daughter. “I’m the lucky one. I try not to focus on what is so bad, and I try to say, ‘Okay, I can’t change it, so let’s look at what’s good or at what’s not so bad.”

The Bible says that Jesus loves children dearly. Be assured that your child is precious to Jesus and so are you. “He took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them” (Mark 10:16).

After the prayer today, spend time thinking about some joyous and humorous times you had with your child.


Lord of heaven, calm my heart and help me to remember right now the precious memories I can learn from, grow from, and treasure in my heart daily. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment