Monday, July 22, 2013

Moving On – Day 133

Moving On
Day 133

A journey through grief completely consumes your time, energy, and thoughts. You walk through life oblivious to what is happening around you. This overwhelming consumption will gradually cease as you move forward through grief.

“There was a time after my husband passed away that people would as me how I was doing,” says Marie. “I would say that I’m getting through this second by second. Then, it was minute by minute. Then one day I realized that I was coming along quite well. One day, I went outside and looked up and there was the sky. I hadn’t seen the sky in years or head the birds because I was just so consumed with everything.”

Your hope lies in God. Cast your cares on Him; lay your burdens at His feet. In His great compassion and love, He will sustain you.

“Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3: 21-23).


Holy Lord, I want to hear the birds and see Your sky again. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment