Friday, July 26, 2013

Parents Must Model Healthy Grief - Day 183

Parents Must Model Healthy Grief
Day 183

Children need their parents to model healthy behaviors. They need to see their parents dealing with grief in a healthy way so that they can learn to do the same.

“I was real open with my grief at first,” says Jodie of her husband’s death. “I think that is why the boys were comfortable bringing up their dad and saying, ‘I really miss Dad.’ We could talk about it, and that was good because my oldest is not real expressive about his emotions. That made it easier for me to pull his emotions out too.”

Jodie’s son followed her lead in coping with grief. You may desire to model healthy grief, but are not sure how to do so. Take heart; you are better equipped than you think.

These daily devotions are a guide for your journey, not only your journey of grief, but also your journey of knowledge and wisdom. You are learning from others who have traveled before you and are seeking truth and healing in God’s Word. Teach your children the source of true healing and make it your priority. Lead them to Jesus.

“Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these’” (Matthew 19:14).


Heavenly Jesus, I want to learn more and more about You so that I can teach my children the certainty and assurance found in a life with You. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment