Thursday, May 30, 2013

Making Decisions - Day 127

Making Decisions
Day 127

With the death of a spouse, you are suddenly faced with a myriad of decisions you must make on your own, and these decisions bombard you right alongside your tangled, unpredictable, and overwhelming emotions.

"I had never bought a car in my life!" says Gretchen. "He just all of a sudden one day would come in with a new car. We didn't particularly talk about it. He knew and I knew when the time came that he would depreciate them out, and then I would get that car, and he would get a new one."

Decisions can range from what to serve the children for breakfast to how to buy a car. These decisions come daily, and they cannot be ignored. Take heart; God will give you the strength and the wisdom to make the right choices. you can trust that He is helping you even when you are not aware of it.

"The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD" (Proverbs 16:33).

God, I must tackle these decisions one at a time. Hear my prayers for each decision and answer them -- one at a time. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment