Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Forgiveness Leads to Healing - Day 106

Forgiveness Leads to Healing
Day 106

Death often happens in the context of medical decisions, family choices, and reactions. The situation often attended with uncertainty and a high level of stress. Because of this it is often easy to feel unforgiveness toward some people who were involved.

"I believe that unless you are willing to forgive," says Kay Arthur, "you will not be healed."

If you truly desire to get your heart right with God and to heal, you must forgive as God has forgiven you.

"If I don't forgive, what I'm saying is that what the person did to me is more important to me than going on with God," states Doug Easterday.

Are you willing to be healed? Then "forgive as the Lord forgave you" (Colossians 3:13).

Lord, I do want healing. Enable me to forgive. Amen.

~ This is right in line with yesterday's post. It is so so very important that I continue to work on this. I keep telling myself to deal with my back issues so that I can move forward in my path to greatness and healing. I had to get to the place where I know that I am not doing this for the other person, but for myself.  I may forgive someone, but that doesn't mean that I have to forget. I do, however, have to let it go once I have forgiven. Remembering is not forgetting, but we have to make sure that we don't hold bitterness or harbor resentment in that remembering. Otherwise, we really didn't forgive the other person. It is a fine line between the two and it certainly takes someone a great deal of praying and believing to let it go. I am working on this so that I may move towards healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment