Wednesday, May 22, 2013

God's Blanket of Love - Day 116

God's Blanket of Love
Day 116

"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until this violent storm is past. I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me. He will send help from heaven to save me ... My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness" (Psalm 57:1-3 NLT).

When you are at your lowest point and it seems as though no one can reach you, God can. He is there for you, if you will just accept His help.

"God has to be a comfort blanket to you," says Barbara Johnson. "Until you accept that comfort blanket of God's love, you are going to be struggling or hurting. God's comfort blanket makes you feel so secure and so loved. His comfort blanket has sustained me."

God's everlasting arms will always be underneath you, upholding you through the pain. His love will always surround you, enveloping you in comfort and security. His wisdom will guide you through each day. Talk to God today. Tell Him that you need His help, His love, His comfort, and His everlasting presence.

"The Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him" (Psalm 32:10).

Saving God, I need Your help. I need to know and experience Your love and comfort in my life today. Thank you for loving me. Amen.

~ I think I have finally reached this point. I feel like from the day my sister died until recently that I was taken to a place within and felt lost. I didn't understand why the conversation with Him stopped. It wasn't that He wasn't there for me, it was that I had stopped listening. I was in a place of hurt and of fog. I am so grateful that I am now at a place where I KNOW my God is awesome and I hear my son say it every day. THAT is a blessing. I know that I am doing something right when my child would rather listen to gospel music than booty shaking music. #highlyfavored #trulyblessed


No comments:

Post a Comment