Thursday, May 30, 2013

Who Am I? - Day 121

Who Am I? 
Day 121

"Who am I?" ask Heidi. "I had identified with this person; I had become one with this person. Our hopes and dreams were together. And now, who am I?"

When you are confused and uncertain, and you don't even know who you are anymore, remember that these feelings are expected with the loss of a spouse. Spend time working through these bewildering thoughts, and don't rush the process.

Trying to skip steps on your grief journey will not aid your healing; it will only set you back. Your identity is not gone; it just needs to be a rediscovered.

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture" (Psalm 100:3).

Lord, show me what it means to belong to You. Amen.

~ Again, I can relate to missing the person that I thought I was. I was so enveloped in my family and seeing my family day in and day out that I took for granted the fact that they were in my every day. I didn't tell them I loved them every chance I got. I tell my son every day and several times a day that I love him. He knows he is loved. I miss telling my mom and sister that I love them. I miss my sister's sense of humor and her silly blonde jokes. I miss her trying to push Sammy Hagar on me and I miss her going IDOL crazy! My sister loved my child as if he was her own and that is a love that can't compare!

No comments:

Post a Comment