Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Choosing to Forgive - Day 105

Choosing to Forgive
Day 105

Forgiveness is a choice, not a feeling.

"It's not really possible to say, I can't forgive. What you're really saying is, I won't forgive," says Doug Easterday. "You're the only one who can make this choice. Therefore, you have something to say about your own destiny if you choose to forgive."

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus taught His followers how to pray (Matthew 6:9-13). This needs to be your prayer if you are a follower of Jesus Christ. Choose to pray these words now:

"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our deptors.

"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen." (KJV)

~ AMEN!  I choose to forgive. It is a matter of pride I think for us as well. We are stubborn and prideful people and this is our human side.  I was taught a slightly different version of the prayer above, but the message is still the same. I often prayed it while still holding on to that unability or really the unwillingness to let go of that resentment and bitterness and forgive those that have wronged me as I have been forgiven for my wrong doings.  I am so easy to ask for forgiveness, but don't easily give it and that is my fault. I have noticed this and am a work in progress. I am learning more and more each day and am so thankful for these lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment