Thursday, May 30, 2013

No Longer a Couple - Day 123

No Longer a Couple
Day 123

Many things in society today are couple orientated, and you are probably very conscious of and disturbed by the fact that you are no longer part of a couple.

"Socially, you feel like an outcast. You go into a group you used to be part of as a couple, and all of a sudden you feel so alone," says Rev. John Coulombe.

This feeling of loneliness and the consciousness that you are not part of a couple may cause you to avoid going into group situations where most of the other people are couples. God disagrees with the idea that three's a crowd. He reveals in His Word that great strength is available when three people come together.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 says, "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Matthew 18:20 says, "For where two or there come together in my name, there am I with them."

Give your friends a chance, and don't think you are no longer welcome because your spouse is not with you. Let God give you the courage to go into situations in which you may feel awkward or unwanted.

Powerful God, I've been prejudging my friends and assuming they don't really want me around. My relationships with friends are different now, but different does not mean less loving or caring. Clear my vision to see how these relationships can become fuller and deeper because of You. Amen.

~ I felt like I wasn't wanted around friends and family because they might have to strike up a conversation and who wants to be the one to say the dreaded "and how are you doing" because that is like a loaded question.

No comments:

Post a Comment