Thursday, March 28, 2013

You Cannot Go Back - Day 31

You Cannot Go Back
Day 31

Remember the good times; cherish the memories, but live each day moving forward. Focus your thoughts on what is before you and how you are going to get there.

"I often tell people that there are three stages you need to think about: You can't go back. You can't stay here.  You must go forward," says Dr. Ray Pritchard. "There may be some good things in the past that you wish you could go back to, but in the end you have to let those go."

God's Word speaks to you clearly: "I have set before you life ... now choose life" (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Yes, Lord, I do choose life. Amen.

~ Yes, I do. It has taken me two years to get to the point where I am remembering the good times more than  having flashbacks of the days of the deaths. It took a while to get here, but I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't even reached the middle of the tunnel, so I know I have a ways to go, but at least I know that I am not in this place alone and I am finding peace along the way with the help of grief class, grief emails and the people who have entered and exited my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment