Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grief Share Emails

So, when I started grief share class, I got the workbook, but I also kept hearing about the emails. I signed up and I get a daily email with helpful hints and bible passages. I figured since I am printing them out anyway, it would be good to go ahead and post them and then write about it on here. I haven't sat down with my grief share workbook as of lately to work. I really should do this on a daily basis, but I think sometimes that perhaps I put it off so that I am not crying daily. Who wants to be crying all the damn time? Not me. I don't want to be angry anymore. I don't want to cry all the time and I surely don't want to be an emotional wreck at work. Ain't no body got time for that. I do, however, realize that I need to work through my feelings, emotions and concerns and just work through the process. Putting it off really does make it worse when it finally does catch up to me. It is just like postponing the inevitable. Really, it is more like bottling it up and then the emotions are like carbonation in a bottle. It just builds up so much pressure that eventually it will explode!  So, finally I realize that it is time to work on it and through it so that I am not dwelling in and on it.
Time to grow. I am in hopes that I will and can stick with this and finish it so that I can help others in the long run. It seems that when I am helping others is when I feel like I have really accomplished something in my own healing.


All that I share on here before the "~" symbol is from these emails. These are not my words nor are they changed to make it as though they are my own. After the "~" symbol is my own personal reflection on the daily email message. It is purely for my own reflection in hopes that it will help me and if someone else reads,  then my prayer is that it is helpful to that person as well.

Copyright 2003-2013 by The Church Initiative, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment