Thursday, March 28, 2013

Uncomfortable Expressing Emotions? - Day 38

Uncomfortable Expressing Emotions?
day 38

Men tend to grieve alone and to express very little about what they are feeling. But keeping emotions bottled up inside slows the healing process.

Dr. Norman Peart says, "Men are taught that they should not express their emotions because that is a sign of weakness. In reality, expressing emotions is a sign of health because it means you are working through those emotions. You have to be honest with yourself; you do hurt."

God wants you to pour out your emotions to Him: "Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge" (Psalm 62:8).

He also directs you to share your emotions with others: "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn" (Romans 12:15).

O God, I know that You want me to release my emotions to You and to others. Give me the opportunity and the courage to do that. Uncork my bottled emotions so my healing can continue. Amen.

~ I am finding peace in the words that have been sent to me and shared. I thank God that I have been given the opportunity and the courage to release my emotions with others and to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment