Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grief Is Harder Than You Think - Day 8

Grief Is Harder Than You Think
Day 8

The hardest time to learn about the process of grief is while you are in the midst of it. You may feel that you are taking a crash course in grief and that the learning curve is formidable. But those who seek to understand grief and loss will be better able to recover, so we commend you for your determination and effort to see this process through.

Dr. H. Norman Wright says, "Many of the right things to do in life are the most difficult things to do."

Dear friend, even though you may be in the depths of despair and feel that God is faraway, now is the time to cling to whatever knowledge of Him you have. Today is the day to open your mind and heart for deeper understanding.

"If you hang on with whatever it is you know in your heart to be true about Him, then He will come through," says Janet Paschal. "That's a promise."

"I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip -- he who watches over you will not slumber" (Psalm 121:1-3).

Lord God, this is so hard. Please keep me from falling. Amen.

~ This day's message was like it was right from my heart and head.  I really do feel like I am taking a crash course in grief. Some days are so good and I go through the day with indifference towards my new reality. Then there are days that I would just love to stay in the bed because I feel worn mentally, emotionally, physically and I need a break from myself.  Janet Paschal was spot on. I hang on to whatever it is that I know in my heart and still keep my heart open to learning more about Him and am then able to continue on. If I didn't believe to a certain degree, I wouldn't find meaning in what I am doing right now. It wouldn't make sense to me and feel right to be writing about this and to feel true purpose from it. I am finding more and more about myself as I work through this and it really is helping.
With that, I say again "Lord God, this is so hard. Please keep me from falling. Amen."
He knows what is in my head and heart. He knows my fears, anxiety, my hurt, my pain and my blessings.  It is just up to me to trust and believe.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment