Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Be Equipped for Recovery - Day 15

Be Equipped for Recovery
Day 15

If you want to be healed, make a commitment right now to begin the process of grieving. Take steps forward, even when you have to force yourself. These daily devotions introduce you to the tools you need for working through the process of grieving. We want you to be equipped for recovery.

You may feel you are not sure if you can even begin this journey. But be encouraged. Cindy Morgan says, "God takes you as you are. He accepts you, and then His love changes you. You are never beyond hope. Never."

First Peter 1:13 says, "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed."

Jesus, it is only by Your grace that I can be healed. I commit my grieving process to You right now, and I promise to see this process through. Amen.

~I don't know where I was when this email was sent, but I didn't get it until I logged in today and resent it to myself. Figures the message would be so poignant and right on time. I made the commitment that I would work through these emails and write about what the day's messages meant to me. My opinions are just that ... my opinions and feelings on the topic and situation. I am in hopes that I will help others that seek out the help and honestly, I figured that someone else has got to be dealing with the same feelings and looking for understanding because this was me. I didn't find the answers I was looking for, but I did have a series of situations that lead me to end up where I am now. All blessings and all greatly appreciated. I am so thankful and blessed to have found grief share. It is with the love and support of these strangers that are becoming my extended family that I am able to speak what is on my heart and mind without judgement and then process it and move forward.  When I lost my mom and sister and I went to therapy, I longed for a grief support group and didn't find it. I think that I might have been searching because I was feeling lonely and yearned to be able to talk about my feelings with people who wouldn't just tell me that I needed to move on already.  I feel so blessed that the group that I found in the long run is also helping me with my faith. It is like I am finding my way back to the path to His Word and it feels so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment