Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grief Is Disruptive - Day 9

Grief Is Disruptive
Day 9

Grief affects everything you do. It can disrupt every aspect of your life in ways you might not expect.

"I don't think I had time to think because psychologically I wasn't with it," says Nancy, whose husband passed away. "I would do stupid things. I would be coming home thinking I was on X Street, and then I'd realize, 'Well, I'm on the wrong street.' It was dumb things like that."

When life seems chaotic and your world has lost its predictable order, remember that God does not change. Like Nancy, you may find yourself driving down the wrong road, but God is with you, and He is able to get you to your destination.

"What a God! His road stretches straight and smooth. Every GOD- direction is road-tested. Everyone who runs toward him makes it." (Psalm 18:30 MSG).

Creator God, You are a steadfast presence in my forever-changed world. Amen.

~ I think I tend to forget to be thankful. Thankful that I am still here. Thankful that He is present in my life even when I don't feel like He is. My goal in this isn't to push someone to "find" God. It is to show my journey through my season of grief. It just so happens that while I am going through this, God's presence has been shown and is so relevant in my progression. It is when I think He isn't there that He surely is. Seeing isn't believing ... believing is seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment