Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Embrace the Grieving Process - Day 19

Embrace the Grieving Process
Day 19

It is biblical to grieve. It is necessary to grieve. You must not suppress your heartache and sorrow.

"Weep freely; share your anguish, your deep concern, but always with the joyful assurance that Jesus is with you. The Prince of Peace is with you," said Dr. Bill Bright.

"There is nothing wrong with tears. You miss loved ones who have gone away. But you are not to weep as one who has no hope. Christians can still have joy even in the midst of sorrow. Everyone experiences tragedy, believers and nonbelievers alike. The difference is the believer has Christ in him."

At the graveside of his friend Lazarus, the Bible says that "Jesus wept" (John 11:35). He understands your tears.

Lord Jesus, You are my only hope. Teach me how to grieve. Amen.

~ THANK YOU. Just THANK YOU for today's message.  Suppressing my heartache and sorrow only led to more spontaneous and hurtful outburst at inconvenient times. I would find myself sitting at my desk at work and just think of my sister or hear a song or look outside and see a butterfly and then I would cry.  I am not sure if I was crying because I was reminded of the person or the death. I know I felt a sense of them being with me still when I would see two butterflies. It is really something to see one, but to see two at the same time, it was a beautiful thing and I took it as a sign from them that they are good and still with me.  that is something that makes my heart not so heavy with hurt. I prayed to learn how to grieve. I got introduced to grief share. I asked for help through the process a little more readily available and I got daily emails from grief share. Ask and you shall receive. I just didn't know that I had received it until I stopped dwelling on what wasn't happening for me and started being grateful for what IS happening. Perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment