Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Exercise Brings Healing - Day 308

Exercise Brings Healing
Day 308

“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well” (3 John 1:2).

You have probably not paid too much attention to your exercise habits (or lack thereof!). Regular exercise is an important part of your healing. Exercise contributes not only to your physical wellness, but also to your mental and spiritual health.

Choose an exercise that you are likely to stick with. Keep in mind that it is good for you to get out of the house. You might enjoy walking, swimming, dancing, or basketball. Find out what sports activities are available in your community.

“I’ve gone into an exercise program,” says Kay, whose brother died, “and I feel much better. I walk every day, three miles a day. I walk early in the morning, right at daylight. It gives me time to think and time to pray.”

God has entrusted you with your body to care for it.

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own” (1 Corinthians 6:19).

Holy Spirit, exercising regularly seems like an impossible feat sometimes. Help me to start an exercise plan and remain faithful to it. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment