Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Develop New Relationships – Day 328

Develop New Relationships
Day 328

“We were just so close to so many couples, but once [my husband] died, the invitations weren’t there. That really hurt,” says Gretchen. “I just prayed to the Lord, ‘Well, Lord, I just need new friends.’

“I have been very blessed that He has given me a number of good widow ladies that I have been able to do things with and share with. Some of them are much older than me, and they don’t drive in the daytime. Some of them are walkers, and they can’t drive. I feel that I can be real helpful in doing things for them and carrying them places and having a luncheon and that sort of thing. God has really been good.”

For Gretchen, it wasn’t about hurt feelings and self-pity. She chose to reach out to new people, and she knew she had love to give because of God’s love for her. She spoke to God frankly: “I just need new friends.” And God was faithful in answering.

“We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,’ yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother” (1 John 4:19-21).


Father God, when I don’t fit in as I once did, it hurts me. Give me a positive outlook and hear my prayer: “Lord, I just need new friends.” Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment