Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Branch Out – Day 313

Branch Out
Day 313

If your life has been monopolized up until this point with grief and other grieving people, it is time to branch out. Get involved in a group that includes a variety of people with a similar interest (people who are not grieving).

“I had no neighbors to visit me except a young girl across the street,” says Gretchen, “and she kept saying, ‘You need to belong to the garden club. You just stay in all the time.’ She’d wait about six months, and she’d catch me at the mailbox, and she’d say, ‘You still don’t want to join the garden club?’ I’d say, ‘No, I can’t.’ She said, ‘Well, I’m just going to put your name on the list anyway.’ And I said, ‘If it ever comes up, I probably won’t be able to go on account of my husband’s illness.’ She said, ‘We’ll see about that.’

“Well, my husband died the sixteenth of August, and my name came up in September to join the neighborhood garden club. That was just the hand of the Lord. It was a way for me to get out and start meeting my neighbors.”

In whatever group you choose to be involved in, you will be an asset. If you think your presence does not benefit the group in any way, you are wrong. God made each person to be an important part of the whole.

“The eye cannot say to the hand, ‘I don’t need you!’ And the head cannot say to the feet, ‘I don’t need you!’ On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensible” (1 Corinthians 12:21-22).

Lord, where do You need me? Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment