Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Be Involved in Others’ Lives – Day 323

Be Involved in Others’ Lives
Day 323

Involvement requires investment. Getting involved in other people’s lives is not easy. You have to choose to take the time and show love to others. It will not always come naturally.

“You need to find the courage to get deeply involved in other people’s lives and experience the mess and frustration, the sense of impotence, the sense of not knowing what to do,” says Dr. Larry Crabb.

You may be thinking, I have my own problems. I don’t have the time. I don’t have the energy. I don’t have anything to offer.

Excuses!

Step out of your comfort zone and do something great for God. People need you, and it’s up to you to find out who they are and what you can do to help.

“If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself,’ you are doing right” (James 2:8).


Holy God, I want to do right. Even when my energy and courage are failing, push me forward to help and love another person who needs me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment