Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Called to Love – Day 327

Called to Love
Day 327

You have the opportunity to demonstrate the kind of love that God calls you to in His Word. As you do this, your healing will be accelerated.

“What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?

“In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.” (James 2:14-18).

Act on your beliefs. What specific things can you do to help someone in need? If you do not know of someone in need, ask God to bring a name to your mind. Then be brave and call that person and offer your help. Persist until you have something specific to do. You can also call your pastor or church leader and ask for suggestions of people who might need your help.


Lord, I want to do something. I want to take action and not just think about taking action. Spur me on. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment