Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Be Available to Help Others – Day 333

Be Available to Help Others
Day 333

Elisabeth Elliot says, “My advice would certainly be quit thinking about yourself. Don’t look around the room and wonder why nobody wants to pay attention to you, thinking about yourself, Are the people not remembering that I’m a widow?

“Forget all that and look for someone who looks a little lonely and go and try to encourage that person. Isaiah 58:10 has been a great watchword for me: If you pour yourself out for the hungry, then the Lord is going to satisfy your needs and you will become like a watered garden.”

You may think you have nothing to offer right now. But, remember, when people are in the midst of a deep struggle, they need someone who cares, someone who will just be with them.

“If you give yourself to the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness and your gloom will become like midday. And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail” (Isaiah 58:10-11).


Lord, today I will change my focus from myself to others. I am going to look for someone who needs encouragement or company. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment