Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Two Healthy Responses - Day 244

Two Healthy Responses
Day 244

Pastor Buck Buchanan describes two healthy responses that people can have during the grieving process.The first is to be honest about the depth of the pain, but to choose not to be resentful. He says, "My mom was that way after my Dad died. She said, 'I'm not going to feel sorry for myself.'"

Another healthy response is to use the pain to help others. Pastor Buchanan continues, "Take the hurt, embrace the pain, and then realize that it is probably the tool and the gift God has given you to use now. Then begin to minister to other people and share their experiences."

Notice that both responses involve admitting and accepting your pain and choosing to move forward.

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded" (James 4:8).

Lord God, I choose to move forward. I will draw near to You in the midst of my pain. Show me how to respond to the pain in a way that is healthy and that honors You. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment