Monday, September 9, 2013

Acknowledge Hidden Grief – Day 229

Acknowledge Hidden Grief
Day 229

Hidden losses-miscarriages, abortions, stillbirths-bring deep grief that can be difficult to move forward from. You may feel that those around you are reacting far too tightly to this loss. You may even try to hide your grief, unsure of it.

Your grief is real and justified. Despite what others are thinking or saying to you, you must give yourself permission to grieve. The Bible holds all human life to be equally valuable-from the womb to the final seconds of life and beyond.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139:13-16).


Creator God, my pain is deep, and I hide it from others. But, Lord, I acknowledge this grief to You, and I pray for healing on my journey. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment