Monday, September 9, 2013

How Your Perception of God Affects You – Day 223

How Your Perception of God Affects You
Day 223

Points to think about:
  • Your identity, security, and confidence are all deeply woven into your perception of God.
  • You may have a false perception of God because of the human tendency to project onto Him the unloving characteristics of people you have looked up to.
  • You may believe that God is going to treat you as others do.
  • Your perception of God must come from the Scriptures and not from your past relationships, some of which may have been very harmful.

Robert McGee in Search of Significance says, “There have been many times in my life when I felt that God was going to punish me by causing me to lose all that I had, either because I’d done something I shouldn’t have, or because I failed to do something I should have. This erroneous perception of God had driven me away from Him on many occasions when I’ve needed Him most, and is completely contrary to the One whom Paul describes as the ‘Father of mercies and God of all comfort [2 Corinthians 1:3]’” (Word Publishing, 1998).


Father God, my relationship with You is not about my effort to obey or to be a good Christian; it is about who You are and who I can be through You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment