Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Letting Go - Day 238

Letting Go
Day 238

To move on means (1) you have to acknowledge that things will never be the same again, and (2) you have to desire God's plan for your life now. Letting go of a lost loved one is tough, especially when the love is deep, and he or she has filled a need in you that was never filled until you met that person.

"To really admit to yourself, "This person is gone, and life's got to go on, and I've got to buck up and turn the corner and get going,' is probably one of the toughest transitions in the grief process," says Dr. Joseph Stowell.

Your plan for life was suddenly changed. But God has a purpose for you, and you were created to fulfill that purpose. That is why you are here on earth right now. Find God's plan for your life and seek fulfillment from Him.

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever -- do not abandon the works of your hands" (Psalm 138:8).

"But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth" (Exodus 9:16).

Lord God, things will never be the same again, and I will never be able to go back to the way things were. I admit this, Lord, and I will move forward with purpose, seeking to fulfill Your plan for my life. What do You have for me to do? Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment