Monday, September 16, 2013

Resuming Life - Day 235


Resuming Life
Day 235

When a loved one dies, the week of the funeral is usually very busy. It is filled with details and obligations and visits from friends. But in the weeks and months that follow, if you are honest, you may be surprised to see those around you resuming their normal, everyday lives. You may feel, "How could they?"

Yet you know this is natural. Life does go on, but you may wonder how you will ever be part of that life again. You cannot merely "turn off" your grief; you will carry a part of that grief with you always. But as you walk through your grief journey, you must take conscious steps forward each day. 

Jodie, whose husband died, says, "I got tired of getting up the next morning with puffy eyes and all of that, and I thought, You know, there's got to be an end to this. But all I could do was just keep asking the Lord, 'Lord please just help me get over this. Please just get me to a point where I can handle it.'

"Slowly I got better. But every once in a while the feelings will come, and I just know that the Lord collects those tears, and they're special to Him. Just cry out to the Lord because He's the healer."

Let the Scriptures motivate you to press on forward.

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained" (Philippians 3:14-16).

Lord Jesus, guide me in Your Word and show me what You want me to do today. Empower me with Your Spirit to live. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment