Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Keep the Past in Perspective - Day 240

Keep the Past in Perspective
Day 240

Be careful not to let your past control your future.

"My first wife is a memory," says Virgil. "She'll always be a memory. She'll always be there. But I can't let her control my life."

Your loved one will always hold a special place in your heart, but daily decisions cannot be made based on emotions tied up in this person's death. Decisions today should be relative to the present and to the future. Your hope lies before you and not behind you.

"There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off" (Proverbs 23:18). This hope is available for those who have place their trust in Jesus Christ.

Dear Jesus, my past is so precious to me, but I know that I must live in the present and look forward to the future. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment