Monday, September 9, 2013

A Heart of Peace – Day 221

A Heart of Peace
Day 221

The phenomenal result of worshiping God and submitting to His Lordship is that you experience peace in your heart, a peace that goes deeper than the circumstances around you.

Phyllis, whose sister died, says, “Daily the Lord was providing me with spiritual bread. I still was looking for that pouring out of His grace and peace, and I just expected any time I was going to have this overwhelming feeling of peace in my life, but it was not like that. It was just a day-by-day supplying of the bread that I needed for that day.”

After her husband’s death, Jodie says, “I also experienced a lot of peace from the Lord after I started throwing these things at His feet because I knew I couldn’t handle them. His peace that passes all understanding was very real to me.”

The Bible describes God’s peace as a peace that “transcends all understanding,” or “surpasses all comprehension” (Philippians 4:7). This is the only kind of peace that can flow deeper than pain and sorrow.

“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful” (John 14:27 NASB).


Giving Father, I pray for Your peace in my life. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment