Monday, September 16, 2013

Making Progress - Day 233

Making Progress
Day 233

You probably know what it is like to be stuck in a traffic jam. At such times you wonder, "What is the problem? Why aren't things moving on?" Yet there is a reason, even when you cannot see what it is. If you have found yourself stuck in grief, making no progress day after day or month after month, there's a reason for the gridlock.

Think back to the healing suggestions that have been discussed the previous few days. Have you acted on any of these suggestions? These ideas will help you make forward progress.


  1. Write out your memories.
  2. Address unresolved issues. 
  3. Acknowledge hidden grief. 
  4. Release your emotions. 
  5. Look for the exceptions to your sorrow. 
  6. Make a conscious decision each day to move forward.
On your journey through grief you will experience some delays and detours, but it is important that you do not get stuck at any partial level of healing. 

"I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes. I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands" (Psalm 119:59-60).

God, through my pain, I turn to You, and I will move forward. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment