Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Live Responsibly - Day 241

Live Responsibly
Day 241

"I've seen individuals who are still living in a state of memorial, a state of going back and rehearsing and feeling bad about what has happened and really verging on cursing God and walking away from Him," says Dr. Norman Peart.

"Come to God honestly and accept the fact that this has happened. It is a big step when one can say, 'This is now life, and I must live it responsibly. I must begin to take steps in life and establish counselors, activities, and responsibilities that push me back into the world.'"

In what areas of your life are you not living responsibly?

Think of a specific step you can take today that will enable you to become more active in life. Depending on where you are in your grief, it may be a phone call to a family member or friend. It may involve signing up for a class, sports team, or club. Perhaps volunteer work is for you. Get out and see people. Build relationships.

"The wise look ahead to see what is coming, but fools deceive themselves" (Proverbs 14:8).

Holy God, I cannot change what has happened, but it is my responsibility to make wise choices in the situation I am in now and to move forward in love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment