Friday, November 1, 2013

What Next? - Day 281

What Next? 
Day 281

"The most exciting thing that ever happened to me -- the greatest decision I've made in my life -- was to turn over my life to Jesus Christ and have a new life and be told that God has a plan for my life," says Chandra.

If you have surrendered your life to Christ, you are a new creation. You have entered into a new relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ. This is the first step on an exciting spiritual journey.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

When your old habits and patterns of thinking try to come back -- and they will try -- immediately turn them over to God and choose instead to do something pleasing to Him. It is helpful to have a plan in place. Find a Christian friend whom you can call at any hour of the day for encouragement and prayer. Be involved in a regular Bible study and keep up with the study. Help others in the church and community through volunteer work.

Jesus, I am a new creation! The decision to follow You is life changing, and that's what I want and need. Lead me to new activities and relationships that honor You. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment